Authors are encouraged to submit their manuscripts through our editorial manager and the manuscript must not be under consideration at another journal. Submitted manuscripts are pre-screened by plagiarism detection software both before and after blind peer review, prior to acceptance.
Authors may be able to tract in all activities related to the processing of the manuscript, such as the review process, copy editing, layout editing and proofing of manuscripts. Upon acceptance of a manuscript for publication by the Editor-in-Chief, the publisher will work towards preparing the manuscript for online publication. The first stage involves language editing, after which the proof is returned to the corresponding author for review. This is the author’s final opportunity to make text changes to the manuscript and submit a revised version. At a final stage the associate editor will send the author one set of galley proofs, and the author will have three working days to mark any typographical errors. It may not be possible to incorporate author corrections in the printed version of the manuscript if the author fails to respond to proofreading requests.
Click “register now” in the editorial manager or sign in as an author and click Submit New Manuscript under New Submissions. Make sure you have your cover letter and manuscript body in one document and any supplementary information (e.g. illustrations, legal documents, etc.) in separate documents saved on your computer, ready for upload.
Note that the submission process can be interrupted at any time and when you return to the site you can continue from where you left off.
- STEP 2: Fill author(s) details, manuscript title, manuscript abstract and keywords as it is in the manuscript. Save and continue.
- STEP 3: To upload files, please click on the Choose file button and locate the file on your computer. When you have selected the file you wish to upload, click the Upload button. Save and continue.
- STEP 4: Upload supplementary files e.g. publication agreement, ethical clearance and any other supplementary material.
- STEP 5: Confirm the files for submission. Select the Submit button. After completing the manuscript submission, you will have to wait for a few minutes to Approve Submission.
After formal peer review some manuscripts may be provisionally accepted pending minor revisions, after which authors will submit revised manuscripts. Revisions will be requested by the editor through email, with instructions on how to proceed to create and upload a revised submission on editorial manager. Authors can assess the manuscript under Revisions Sent Back to Author. When you prepare a revised version of your manuscript it is essential that you follow the instructions given in the editor’s letter and the reviewer’s comments (when provided) very carefully.
Authors must consider the following when they prepare their revision.
1. Preparing the required documents for uploading:
- DOCUMENT 1: The feedback summary to the Editor-in-Chief: A complete and concise, point by point response specifying how you have addressed each of the editor’s and reviewer’s comments. Where suggestions have not been followed, you must explain and justify your decision. This should include specific references to sections, pages and paragraph numbers where alterations were made in the text.
- DOCUMENT 2: Annotated version of the revisions made on the original manuscript: The annotated copy should have highlights of the changes (either by using the track changes function in Microsoft Word or by highlighting with a different color). If references, tables or figures are moved, added or deleted during the revision process, renumber them to reflect such changes so that they continue to be cited in numerical order.